The B&D Toughpanel is a steel sectional overhead door, suitable for heavy duty industrial and commercial applications such as emergency services buildings, due to its strength and the ability to incorporate windows and insulation in individual panels.
The B&D Toughpanel is available in sizes from 1370mm to 4500mm in height and from 2000mm to 5500mm in width.
Features and Benefits
- Galvanised hinges and hangers are used, providing the door with:
- Additional strength
- Resistance to corrosion
- Panels manufactured from 0.6mm roll formed steel
- Tailor made – each door is tailor made to order (they are not made up from a mix of standard size panels)
- Wheels have ballbearings for smoother, more durable operation
- Springs designed to comply with requirements of Australian Standards – 20,000 cycles
- Reinforcing for wide doors:
- Doors up to and including 3545mm – bottom panel only
- Doors greater than 3545mm and up to 4705mm – bottom and top panel only
- Doors greater than 4705mm – all panels
- Doors higher than 3985mm and wider than 5100mm will be supplied with double end stiles
- Rolled edges (instead of raw steel edges) on stiles, horizontal panel edges and reinforcing – eliminates possibility of cutting fingers on these edges
Available in an extensive range of Colorbond and Timbagrain options. Available in same colours as other Panelift doors.
Woodgrain and smooth finish.
Note: The process of roll forming sheet steel may cause irregularities in flat panel surfaces. Woodgrain texture improves the door aesthetics.
4.5mm acrylic window inserts are available in two sizes, 300mm x 730mm and 85mm x 380mm.
Expanded aluminium mesh windows are also available and can be added to individual panels. These windows measure 300mm x 730mm.
The Toughpanel door can be manufactured as a fully insulated door. Panels can be filled with polystyrene foam and backed with either Zincalume or Colorbond sheets. This minimises the transfer of both heat and sound from one side of the door to the other.
Thermal Resistance (R): 1.5sqm. K/W
Heat TRansfer Coefficient (U): 0.66W/sqm.K
Tapers: available in hinged and fixed configuations for floors that slope across the opening
Windows: for vision outside of the opening
High cycle springing: for frequently used applications such as car parks and loading bay doors
Insulation: makes the door suitable for use in cold storage areas or in extreme climatic conditions
It’s important to have peace of mind when you make a purchase, that’s why your Toughpanel door comes with a:
- 12 month warranty for all components and associated labour, in normal use, (excludes salt corrosion)
For Installation clearances, please refer to the B&D product manual available in the dealers area of this site.