From May 2013, the National Construction Code features mandatory wind requirements for all new constructions in regions C & D. This update means that the wind code is now applied to garage doors and large access doors.
To comply with the revised standards, garage doors are required to be cyclonically tested.
- Certified for use in all cyclone affected regions
- Maximum durability & strength
- Enhanced door reinforcement
- Independently tested & certified
- Protection against high wind
B&D Wind-Locked Roller Doors have been independently certified for use in all cyclone-affected regions throughout Australia. The system is designed to provide resistance against high winds by holding the door curtain captive in the guides.
- Independently tested & certified for use in high wind area (Regions C)
- Aluminium windclips fitted to every flat of curtain profile (Roll-A-Door® S1)
- Steel windclips fitted to every flat or every second flat of the curtain profile (Roll-A-Door®S2)
- Extruded Aluminium guides
- Springs tested to exceed the ˆAustralian Standard > 20,000 cycles
B&D Wind-Locked Series 1 Roller Doors include the following product/model names:
- Squareline™ Deluxe Roll-A-Door® (R1D)
- Firmadoor® (R1F)
- Rollmasta® (R1R)
- Roll-A-Door® Mini Warehouse (R1M)
- Roll-A-Door® Mini Warehouse (R1ME)
B&D Rolling Door products have been tested in accordance to the wind requirements of AS/NZS 4505:2012 (Garage Doors & Other Large Access Doors) which complies to AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 (Wind actions) and AS 4055:2012 (Wind loads for housing).