A garage door can take up to 40% of a home’s frontage. With a B&D Design-A-Door™, you design the door to complement the look you are after. With Design-A-Door you can significantly refresh the look of your home anytime you want, simply by changing your door’s inserts.
The perfect way to accessorise your home
It is now possible to ensure that your home reflects the latest in design trends with the B&D Design-A-Door™. The Design-A-Door is an innovative, sectional overhead garage door whose moods can change with the seasons. The lightweight aluminium frame of the Design-A-Door holds different styles of interchangeable panel inserts from a range of stylish materials including acrylic, timber, steel, fibreglass and aluminium. These inserts can be easily changed to create a new dramatic look with a minimum fuss. The frame itself can be installed with an aluminium finish or in a choice of over 100 PowderCoat finishes – enough to compliment any home.
Time and care are put into the design and assembly of every Design-A-Door, to ensure the perfect finish. To enhance the look, your door includes:
- Frame manufactured from industrial strength aluminium and available in an extensive powder coating colour selection, to complement your home’s colour scheme
- A range of insert options allowing you to design the door that suits the look you’re after
- Custom panel sizes and evenly spaced insert openings ensuring the door fits your home perfectly
- A range of sizes to fit your application from height 1370mm to 3420mm, width 1800mm to 6600mm.
Ease of operation
Being simple to operate is important with a garage door, as all family members will be using the door. To ensure easy operation, Design-A-Door includes:
- Frame manufactured from industrial strength aluminium ensuring it is lightweight and remains corrosion resistant
- Inserts fitted using snap-on extrusions and glazing seals
Today’s garage is used to store many different valuable objects, and in some cases is used as another room, so weather protection is crucial.
- Soft, pliable bottom weatherseal to help stop leaves and rain coming in under the door
- Galvanised hinges and hangers providing resistance to corrosion and long lasting durability in the toughest of weather conditions
Smooth quiet operation
Your home should be your refuge from the busy world, and you don’t want a noisy garage door disturbing you. The Design-A-Door has been designed to ensure it operates quietly, with features such as:
- Nylon wheels with ball bearings ensuring operational noise is kept to a minimum
Strength & Durability
Having a unique garage door shouldn’t be a chore. Your Design-A-Door requires minimal maintenance*, thanks to features such as:
- Springs designed to exceed the Australian Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles, giving your door greater durability and a longer life
- Specially designed, reinforced extrusions for wide doors – all panels reinforced for door widths of 3800mm and over
12 month warranty for complete door and parts in domestic and industrial / commercial applications, surface (excludes salt corrosion)